WIT is Women In Technology at CERN.
We are seeing unprecedented progress in gender equality and female participation at all levels in our societies. Initiatives are multiplying all around the world to promote equality and propel women to be leaders in their fields.
CERN’s Women in Technology (WIT) community was created in the same spirit.
This rapidly growing community’s vision is to create a fairer working environment that gives women equal opportunities to be empowered to progress in technical fields for the benefit of Science and Technology.
We aim to do this by providing:
- opportunities to connect women in technology to share experiences and information and to define new actions;
- an active, supportive environment where issues can be raised safely.
Our objectives are:
- To build a network among the Women in Technology at CERN
- To raise awareness on gender issues by stimulating dialogue and exchange
- To encourage women to engage as experts
- To provide a supportive learning environment
- And of course, to have fun!
WIT welcomes members from all genders and all technical fields.